Friday, October 6, 2017

Jonathan Aguillon HW week 2



I found it much easier to start with the mannequin, try to get the likeness based on that and then use value and shape to then blend back with the line, since its easier for me to move things around with big shapes of paint.  I found the hardest to be Brian Cranston, Whoppie Goldberg, Steve Buscemi since their shapes were so much different from the original mannequin.  It actually helps me quite a bit to get likeness to get the eyes and shapes of their mouths in at a midpoint and then to check my proportions comparatively, so usually I blend and adjust as needed.

I think its good to start with the mannequin in many cases but never get married to the idea that it might be vastly different since I either might of screwed up slightly at some point, or the shape I see are way crazier than I expected so I tended to drift from it pretty often when it wasn't suiting my needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment